to everyone in the community: there are some questions about how to work with me on the standards, the training, and the certification – so i wish to offer some clarification on these matters. the simple answer is: yes, i will work with you and your groups. please, read on…
if you want to become certified in data vault 2.0 you must take the class offered at http://datavaultalliance.com
for my loyal friends, fans, and followers – here’s the breakdown…
- i will continue to call the shots on any changes to standards in both the data vault model and the methodology (i will explain in a minute)
- i will be happy to authorize individuals and organizations to teach the data vault. read more at: http://datavaultalliance.com
- certification or authorization of mastery must be maintained by a me, just like the standards. 100% of the data modeling standards are documented in my book: super charge your data warehouse, available on amazon.com
regarding the standards
i maintain the standards for data vault, as i am the author, inventor, and creator of all things data vault.
regarding training (authorized training by 3rd parties)
authorized training partners and the program are described on: http://datavaultalliance.com
if i approve you for teaching data vault certification classes then:
- the training must be top notch, the trainer must already be certified
- the trainer must have proof of several years of implementation and successes.
- the trainer must have at least two customers with “certified data vault models”.
- the trainer and organization must be signed up with datavaultalliance.com
i am just stating that in order to maintain the integrity of the data vault model and methodology, that i need to set down some serious rules around who, what, when, and why.
offering certification, is simply one of these areas.